- The EEW-project addresses all markets related to energy efficiency within Europe:
- Promotion of European and global technology markets in the buildings, transport, technical appliances etc. sectors via better policy for energy efficiency
- Promotion of European and global service markets in the buildings, transport, technical appliances etc. sectors via better policy for energy efficiency
- The EEW-project addresses the huge lack of knowledge among Parliamentarians, Civil Servants, the public all over Europe and key actors in the field (industry, associations, NGOs and others) about:
- the big and unexploited technical and economic potentials of energy efficiency
- successful supportive political and legal instruments in the field of energy efficiency
- The EEW-project addresses, accompanies, supports, enriches, disseminates the political process underway initiated by the European Institutions in the field of energy efficiency, especially the European Energy Service Directive and the following European and national Energy Efficiency Action Plans.
- The EEW-project draws the conclusion of lessons learned about the difficulty of the implementation of European legal frameworks into national and local law and activities and therefore tries to focus on decision-making and political/ legal activities of the relevant actors mainly on the national levels in the EU Member States.
- The project also looks at the discrepancies between political plans/legislation and the practical implementation.